An easy meal packed with flavors! Moist chicken, salsa, gooey melted cheese, beans and tender rice will please any family!
Cheesy rice, chicken and bean bake.
This easy meal has become a staple in our household…who doesn’t love cheesy rice, moist shredded chicken, and beans?! Basically anything that the whole family can enjoy (including the world’s most picky three year old) is like winning the jackpot. 😉
With a variety of simple ingredients this dish can be switched up in quite a few ways so if you’re up for a change, it’s totally doable. One of the easiest ways to change up the bake is by varying the salsa used. Since everything I make keeps a toddler and a baby in mind, I always use mild salsa…but if you want a kick, go ahead and use spicy!
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts (cooked/shredded)
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (with a little extra to top dish)
- 4 cups cooked white rice (I used white rice found in the Latin foods section)
- 1 4 ounce can green chili
- 1 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ¾ cup salsa (I use mild but you can choose whatever variety)
- 1 cup sour cream
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, add cooked rice, cooked/shredded chicken, frozen corn, shredded cheese, green chili, black beans, salsa, and sour cream. Mix together evenly.
- Add ingredients to a baking dish and top with a little more shredded cheddar.
- Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for several minutes and then serve with chopped cilantro if desired.