beauty & style

Rediscovering My Style

Lately I’ve had several posts on my journey to overhaul my wardrobe now that baby Mabel is here.  I’m finally getting back to my pre-pregnancy shape and size…and I’m having a lot of fun creating and defining my new sense of style!

I’ve been reading new fashion blogs, watching fashion related shows and buying style magazines to help me make my transition from a comfy sweatpants momma to a stylish, more sassy momma!

On our little family outing to Target last night, look what I found:

Okay, so maybe not the most flattering shot of me…but my two long lost friends!  Instyle and People Style Watch magazines!  And the icing on the cake…(drum roll please) is that by buying both, I got a Target $5 gift card!  This spiffy deal goes through December 7th.

After getting home and getting the baby to bed, I eagerly jumped right into the magazines to see what advice, tips, and suggestions this momma could get!  I’ve always loved style magazines and looking at all the new goodies out there but reading for fun hasn’t been a priority over the past few months due to me being a new momma.  Now that my little girl is a tad older, I’m finding that I have a bit more ‘me time’ to indulge myself in reading once again!

This was a welcomed sight…’Best Beauty Cheapies’.  I’ll admit to this day I’m still a tad intimidated by certain fashion magazines and that’s because I’m not made of money and can’t just drop $500 on a new pair of heels.  BUT I love the fact that People Style Watch is aimed towards the average woman.  Nothing beats being able to stay on top of the latest trends while keeping money in my wallet too.  There is also another section in the magazine that shows you how to use one piece of clothing in multiple looks.  So you might spend a bit more on lets say a shirt, but since you can get multiple looks with it…it’s worth it.

And I’ll share with you one more gem that I found in Instyle:

I got pretty excited about this article…it was all about phone fashion apps!  Seriously?!  There is a phone app for everything and I had no idea these existed.  The apps range from helping you to find accessories that go well with your outfit, organizing pics of styles that you see in real life, to an app that even helps you build your wardrobe (must have been made just for me!).  There’s apparently hope for me yet!  🙂

And you might be wondering what I used my $5 gift card on?  Two words:  Tae Bo!

Try not to laugh too hard…I know it’s not 2001!  My theory of buying this was that I can continue to get more fit/toned with Mr. Billy Blanks so that I can look even better in the new clothes that I find in these magazines!  😉  See…there’s a method to my madness!

“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™, but all my opinions are my own and honest.   http://cmp.ly/3/KqtZiE

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

noel bressler
    November 27, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I love this post because I just love love love fashion (and both of those magazines)!! Lately the subscriptions just keep piling up though because I haven’t had time to read them, when I used to devour the entire magazine in one sitting the day it came in the mail! Anyways, you look fab! Good luck with your dvd…I can never keep up with at home exercise (plus I’m selfish and want Rae’s nap times for me time…perhaps to catch up on magazines?) so I prefer a gym with a daycare. It’s my main motivation for actually getting to the gym 🙂

highheeledmama.com
    Noel

Morgan
      November 28, 2012 at 12:29 am

I can’t tell you how many cosmos I have piled up, brand new and never opened since they arrived in the mailbox, lol! And I’ll need all the luck I can get…it seems like whenever I start a workout, Mabel decides that’s the time she wants to wake up from a nap. We don’t have a gym around here that has a daycare so you’re really lucky! I would totally take advantage of it if we had one! 🙂

Ashley
    November 28, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I’m a little (actually a lot) intimidated by the price of so many beauty/fashion items found in magazines too. It’s hard justifying spending so much on makeup or clothes, so it’s good to know that some magazines still feature affordable items.

This is embarrassing to admit, but I’ve got a couple old VHS tapes of Tae Bo hahaa. Those workouts can be tough!

Morgan
      December 1, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I know! They are crazy…most of us don’t have that kind of money to spend on just one peice of our wardrobes. Too bad I didn’t with the 500 million lottery the other day, lol! And as for Tae Bo…they work! Lol, I owned all of his videos back in the day…so I figured why not try what worked a few years ago. 😉

Haley
    December 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I like TaeBo!

Tarif Serrurerie Reelax
    June 10, 2013 at 6:56 am

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and
    gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.”
    She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was
    a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!

White Teeth In 5 Days
    July 18, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.

Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very
    techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking
    about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to start.
    Do you have any tips or suggestions? Many thanks

Referencement Manuel
    November 23, 2014 at 8:40 am

Hello There. I found your blog the use of msn. That is a very neatly written article.
    I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful info.
    Thank you for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.