life Motherhood

Hello…My Name Is…

Newborn Photo

Now that Baby Girl is here (she actually arrived a lot earlier than I thought she would!), I guess it’s time for me to officially introduce her to everyone.  I hadn’t kept it a secret on purpose, we just hadn’t truly decided what her name was going to be until the last few weeks.  And at that point, it was just easier to tell family and friends after she was born.

So without further ado, I’ll let her nursery wall tell you:

millie

I’m still finding glitter all over my house from these DIY letters.

Officially her name is Mildred…but she’ll be called Millie.  I guess we’re trying to bring old school back, lol!

Mabel and Millie.  I think they go pretty well together.  🙂  My two little girls…with two little old lady names.

And for those of you who are curious, I’m working on a birth story post (it’s probably going to be titled Fast and Furious, ha!).  So stay tuned, I promise it won’t be too long until it’s posted.

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

Amanda
    February 15, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Soon as I saw the name, “Awww, Millie” I love the name. My daughter’s name is Amelia and one of her many nicknames is Millie. Congrats!

Michele
    February 15, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Love love love the name! My late grandmother’s name was Mildred and everyone called her Millie!

Whitney
    February 15, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Congrats! Very cute name 🙂 hope you’re getting a little bit of sleep and doing well!!

Catherine Haynes
    February 15, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Beautiful name and baby, I love her hair!

Ardith
    February 15, 2015 at 7:34 pm

Morgan, congratulations to you and your husband and Mabel. And welcome, Miss Millie! Best wishes to all of you, Ardith

Elise Stafford
    February 15, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Congratulations, Morgan! I couldn’t wait to learn Mabel’s sister’s name, and you don’t disappoint. I’d been really hoping you’d opt for more old-lady charm. Mildred/Millie is fantastic. What an amazing head of hair!

Jodi
    February 15, 2015 at 11:52 pm

I thought maybe you picked Adelaide. That goes well with Mabel. Old fashioned charm, but softly beautiful.

Ashley Ponder
    February 16, 2015 at 1:24 am

I love the name MIllie and I think it fits perfect with Mabel! I love old fashion names. I named my son Jack. I only know one other Millie and her sister is Cora and I love that name also. I use to know this woman named Mildred and I have the fondest memories of her. I love Millie’s beautiful hair! I’m looking forward to hearing the quick birthstory. Congrats to all!

Elliotica
    February 16, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Look at all that beautiful hair! I love the charm of an old fashioned name. Mabel & Millie…Perfection!

kellie
    February 19, 2015 at 10:16 pm

congratulations and Millie is a beautiful name!!