A lot of times I’m in the predicament of having a handful of bananas that I haven’t eaten quickly enough before they get overripe. 🙁 And I hate wasting food…so the perfect solution is a yummy banana bread that isn’t overly sweet and a recipe that Mabel really enjoys. Oh and it’s super easy to make!
Brown Sugar Banana Bread
- 3-4 overripe bananas
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 bread loaf pan and then set it aside.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together, then add beaten eggs and mashed bananas...you can easily mash the bananas with a fork, nothing fancy needed 🙂
- Now combine both mixtures and stir until everything is blended.
- Pour batter into greased bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minute and check by sticking a toothpick (or knife) into the center of the loaf and make sure it comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and then carefully take the loaf out of the pan to cool the rest of the way on a wire rack.
I really like this bread because it doesn’t have as much sugar as other recipes…and I’m also partial to it since Mabel loves it! I hope you enjoy it too!