I know a lot of you have little ones who recently went back to school (I know Mabel will be in school before I know it!) and this can be a hectic time of year. Trust me, I was a teacher for a few years so I know firsthand! 😉 With everything that’s going on such as sporting events, PTA meetings, and lots of time helping your kiddos do their homework…the last thing you want to do is spend forever making dinner!
But I have an option that is delicious yet simple and it’s a recipe that the whole family will agree on. I found it on the Pillsbury website: Barbeque Biscuit Cups. I like to think that I’m a creative person but I would have never have thought to use their biscuits to make these! There aren’t a bunch of ingredients needed and it’s easy. My kind of recipe, lol!
I thought they were quite tasty, very filling and most importantly Mabel also really enjoyed them! So I have added them to my list of recipes for dinner!
Cheesy BBQ Biscuit Cups
Adapted from Pillsbury
1 pound of lean ground beef (cooked and drained)
1 cup of bbq sauce (I used a little bit more than what the original recipe called for)
1 can of Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
Shredded cheddar cheese (you can make them as cheesy as you’d like!)
- Preheat your oven to 375 and grease a regular sized muffin tin, then set it aside.
- In a non stick skillet, on medium heat mix your cooked beef with barbeque sauce until hot. Then set aside.
- Pull each of your biscuits into even halves (they will pull apart, it can be a bit tricky at first) and flatten into 4 inch round circles.
- Take your flattened biscuits and use them to line your muffin tin, making sure to press firmly at the bottoms and sides. Also, form a 1/4 inch rim (this doesn’t have to be perfect, mine weren’t!).
- Fill each with beef/barbeque mixture and top with cheese. (variation = put a dash of cheese at the bottom of the cup before dropping in the beef/barbeque mixture…yum!)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until edges of the biscuits are a golden brown.
- Cool for about a minute in the tin and then remove to finish cooling.
- Eat and enjoy! 🙂
Looking for more simple and yummy dinner ideas? Check out the Pillsbury Recipe Booklet that’s available for download! There are TONS of ideas included.
I would love to know what recipe you’re most excited to try out! Leave me a comment below!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. Compensation was provided by General Mills via Clever Girls Collective.