Lately I have been drooling over all the pretty popsicles that I’ve been seeing pinned on Pinterest…I’m sure you know what I’m talking about! All the fancy ones with different layers and colors! They left me wondering how did they make those?!?
The answer is Zoku!
So with crazy perfect timing, I was given the opportunity by Zoku to try out their Single Pop Maker and I said YES without hesitation!
I figured it would be a great way to make popsicles in my own home and with my own ingredients…a healthy treat for Mabel (and myself!).
Enough talk…let me show you another photo of what I created…The Tropical Twist Popsicle!
Seriously, how cool is this? Two thirds of the popsicle is orange pineapple and the middle is orange strawberry!
Mabel even approved! And that chick is a super picky eater!
Now I’m sure you’re wondering how it all works…all you have to do is stick the Zoku Single Pop Maker in the freezer for 24 hours, drop the stick in, fill with juice (or other concoctions), and then in 7-9 minutes your popsicle is ready! Simple as that! I only have the Single Pop Maker but it will make 3 popsicles before it has to be refrozen. My popsicle took longer than the average time but I had read ahead in the directions that layered popsicles can take more time…perfectly fine with me!
Want to make the Tropical Twist Popsicles? Here’s How:
1 small can of crushed pineapple
5 strawberries (mashed up and don’t get rid of any of the juice!)
1. Take half a cup of orange juice and scoop 2 spoonfuls (just a regular spoon) of crushed pineapple into it.
2. In another bowl, mix another 1/2 cup of orange juice with the juice you got from your mashed strawberries and then add in a couple of the strawberry chunks.
3. Get your Zoku Pop Maker out of the freezer and fill it a third of the way full with the orange/pineapple mix. I found it easier to spoon the liquid into the pop maker rather than trying to pour it. Now let it freeze.
4. After the first portion is frozen, time to add the orange/strawberry mixture to the middle. Fill the pop maker another third of the way full. Once again, wait a few minutes until it’s frozen solid.
5. Lastly, once the middle is frozen, add the final orange/pineapple layer and wait until it’s solid.
6. Pop your popsicle out with your Super Tool (it’s included with your pop maker) and ENJOY!
You can get your own Zoku Pop Maker here. There are a variety of sizes and other neat tools available if you want to get really creative with popsicle making! 😉
Here’s the really awesome part…Zoku is giving away a Single Pop Maker in the color of your choice!
*Open to US residents*