I’m addicted to books…but lately I haven’t been able to read as much as I’ve wanted to so I have a little collection of books on my Kindle that I’ll hopefully be able to read in the near future. This is what’s currently in my queue:
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins – This is the 3rd book in The Hunger Game Series! I had made it about a third of the way through and then got distracted. So basically since it’s sat there for months, I’ll have to start all over when I pick it up again. I just need to make sure I read it before the last movie comes out!
- Divergent by Veronica Roth – This is the first book in a series of 3. I purchased this book after I had a bunch of you on Facebook tell me that it was really good! I was told that if you like The Hunger Games, that you’ll like these books too! Also, I have to read it before I see the movie…I’m one of those people that if I see the movie first, it ruins the book for me.
- The Silent Wife by A.S.A Harrison – I recently read Gone Girl and was told that this book is the same thriller style…so that sold me! I love page turners!
- Writing Great Books for Young Adults by Regina Brooks – I’ve always had fun writing so I figured this might be an interesting read. It would be amazing if I could someday write a book but I know right now that there is no time to nor do I think I’m a good enough writer. So, it’s just something enjoyable that I do for myself.
- The Next Always by Nora Roberts – Hopefully you aren’t going to make fun of me for this one! I occasionally like to read a romance novel but I can’t stand trashy books so Nora Roberts is the way to go! This is the first book in a series of 3. Nora Robert’s is also from Maryland (my home state) and writes a lot of local places into her novels which is nice since I recognize them.
- Lark Rise to Candleford – If you are having Downton Abbey withdrawal this is another series to watch. The actor who plays Mr. Bates is in them too! 🙂 They are free if you have Amazon Prime (I’m not sure if any other service like Netflix has them).
- Manor House – Another must see if you like Downton! They take a modern family and other individuals and put them in a Downtown style home and live 100% as if they were in the Victorian time period. It’s really interesting!
I’ve tried to link to the actual book if you don’t own a Kindle but I absolutely love mine! I have the cheapest version of the Fire (this one!) with the lowest storage space and it will hold a ton of books! I didn’t need it to do anything fancy, I just wanted to read books and also watch streaming videos and it’s been perfect for that. Also, nothing beats that fast that most e-books are cheaper than regular paperbacks/hardcovers!
Do you have any book suggestions for me?