I’m a huge fan of everything cherry…and cheesecakey…well, lets just say that I love desserts! 😉
And lately, I’ve been enjoying baking. With the holidays quickly approaching, no one in my family is going to argue some extra desserts around the house! It seems to be my way to relax after a long day of handling a clingy baby and a rambunctious 3 year old, lol!
Recently, Cherry Delight made an appearance in our house. It’s one of those recipes that I remember fondly from my childhood. My mom never actually made this dessert but I remember having it at BBQ’s and friends’ houses. And boy was it delicious!
I had actually forgotten about this recipe until a few weekends ago when I was craving cherries and wanted to whip something up. So that’s how Cherry Delight made its way back into my life (and my husband’s…and Mabel’s, lol!).
Now, if you plan on whipping this up, know that it’s super easy! This recipe also has a thicker graham cracker crust which I prefer since I think it balances the sweetness out of the whipped and cherry toppings.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large can of cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust - Mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter and white sugar together. Then press evenly into a 11x7 baking dish. Place into oven for 5-8 minutes.
- *Set crust in fridge to cool while you prepare the filling...if it's too hot, it will cause filling to melt when you add it later*
- For Filling - With an electric mixer in a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until it forms small peaks/thickens. Be careful not to go overboard since it will eventually turn into butter if you whip it too much!
- In another bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in the heavy cream that you whipped earlier by hand. Then take this mixture and gently pour it onto your graham cracker crust (use a spatula and be gentle since the crust will be a looser type crust).
- Then spread the cherry pie filling on top.
- Refrigerate overnight. The longer, the better! 😉