This post brought to you by KRAFT Natural Shredded Cheese and Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
If there’s one thing that I can’t get enough of….it’s cheese. I’d probably have some with every meal if that was possible. 😉
So if you’re like me, you’re in luck with today’s recipe: Cheesy Breakfast Pizza!
KRAFT sent me a handful of recipes and this one looked completely irresistible (not to mention that it totally didn’t hurt that it looked like something Mabel would eat too). I headed to Safeway to stock up on the ingredients and planned to whip this up for dinner.
Yep, I made a breakfast pizza for dinner. Honestly, some of the best dinners I make are actually breakfast food!
Anyway, my favorite aisle was packed to the brim with KRAFT cheese = heaven!
It’s a little hard to see in the pic, but the neatest thing is that KRAFT is in process of changing the packaging of their shredded cheese…same amount of cheese but less packaging. I’m all for less trash! Also, the package stands on its own! It’s easier to reach into a bag when it’s standing up…especially when topping a pizza!
Okay back to the pizza…
This pizza is super easy to make and quick too…so if you’re pressed for time, this is a great (and yummy) option!
Cheesy Breakfast Pizza
- 1 lb. of refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 sliced plum tomato (or a handful of sliced cherry tomatoes)
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pat and stretch pizza dough onto a greased 14 x 16 baking sheet.
- Brush top of dough with oil (if you feel that you need more olive oil than a tablespoon…go for it!)
- Top with 1 cup of cheese and onions, but leave 4 (3 inch) areas of dough untopped (this is where the eggs will go).
- Crack eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl and then slowly pour it onto the dough in the spaces you left untopped.
- Top dough with bacon, tomatoes, and remaining cheese and onions. Try not to cover the eggs.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or take out when dough is a golden brown and eggs are fully cooked.
The topping possibilities are endless…I’m thinking the next time I make it, I want to try bits of sausage and Mozzarella cheese!
If you need to find your closest store, find the Safeway Just For You here.
Let me know what you think!