I’ve been on a slow cooker recipe binge for the past few weeks…I can’t get enough of yummy meals that take hardly any work on my behalf. Maybe I’m lazy, but honestly…who wants a meal that is a ton of work after a long busy day of work or chasing kids around? Not me!
Anyway…my husband is a huge fan of BBQ so after stumbling upon this recipe, I decided to give it a go.
With only three ingredients needed, it’s simple since there is absolutely no prep work:
Just BBQ sauce, a pork tenderloin, and some root beer…how much more simple can it get?
Lots of tender, shredded pork with great flavor! Here’s a look at the finished product:
Throw it on a hamburger bun…and there ya go! A super easy meal that any BBQ fan will love!
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
Adapted from Tasteful Space
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 12 ounces of root beer
- 18 ounces of BBQ sauce (any brand will do)
- Hamburger buns, rolls, or bread of your choice
- Add tenderloin to slow cooker and then pour root beer on top of the meat.
- Cook covered on low for 6-7 hours or until meat can be easily shredded.
- Drain juices and then mix in BBQ sauce to meat.
- Serve on bread.