Being confident is beautiful.
But honestly, confidence is something I’ve always found to be a bit challenging for me.
High school was probably one of the hardest times for me…I never truly fit in, most certainly wasn’t part of the popular crowd, and I always felt a bit awkward. And though things got better after high school, I never truly felt beautiful or comfortable in my skin. I was always comparing myself to other people or photos in magazines. It’s amazing how feeling insecure at a young age can travel with you through life. It’s not fun.
But after having Mabel right after I turned twenty-six (and now Millie too), I realized that I couldn’t keep being so hard on myself. Life is just too short. The change within myself came from being determined not to transfer my own insecurities onto her. I don’t want her to continue that cycle on herself and I never want her to lack confidence in her abilities to accomplish things.
I most certainly want her to feel confident with who she is.
And with that comes beauty. I want her to have the confidence that I didn’t.
I’ve been working hard on building and maintaining my own self confidence and having a positive body image. Of course, it hasn’t just a magical change for me and it does take daily reminders to myself that I’m a unique individual, I love my features, and that I’m a confident person. With these daily reminders, I’ve learned that it’s important to take care of myself and pamper myself too. I’ve realized that I’m worth it.
My pampering tips that have helped me along the way:
- Find your favorite feature…and love it! Every single person is beautiful…so own it! I really like my eyes, so I try to play them up. I enjoy playing around with new eye shadows and love accentuating them with a dash of mascara. If you love you lips, splurge on a new gloss or shade of lipstick…and so on!
- At least twice a year, go to a spa and get a manicure or pedicure…or both! I hardly ever get around to having my nails done but when I do, I often find myself wondering why I don’t go more often. I can get a great pedicure around our town for about $35 so it’s an affordable way to treat myself every few months, not to mention I feel much better about wearing open toed shoes afterwards. 😉
- Take care of your skin! This is probably my most important tip…good skin is one of the top ways I feel confident about my appearance. I wash and moisturize my face twice a day…to help reduce breakouts (I’m prone to acne) and hydrate my skin to keep wrinkles at bay a bit longer, lol! If you suffer from dry, flaky skin, treat yourself to hydrating mask. If you get cold sores, keep tube or two of Abreva on hand for when you need it. And just pamper yourself by taking care of any other skin worries you might have. Clear and happy skin = confidence!
Now of course confidence doesn’t solely revolve around appearance but feeling good about yourself and loving what makes you you, does make obtaining confidence a bit easier! So love who you are and feel beautiful each and every day!
Have you ever struggled with confidence and loving yourself? What advice do you have for others or what has worked for you?
Leave a comment for a chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card!
You could Knock out your cold sore in 2.5 days*. Only Abreva® can do it, when you treat at the first sign**. Try Abreva® Cream during your next cold sore! Click here to learn more about Abreva® cream.
*Median healing time 4.1 days. 25% of users healed in 2.5 days.
**Among Over-the-counter products.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 12/3/15 – 12/31/15.