We are about to embark on a 16 hour road trip…with two kids.
Yep, right about now I’m beginning to question my fear of flying, lol!
Anyway, I’ve been packing all day because I’m responsible for the both bags for the girls and my own suitcase. My husband offered to pack their things and that was super sweet, but honestly you know if I let him help out, we’d get to our destination only to find out that he forgot to pack a bunch of things. 😉
With clothes and all the other odds and ends finally packed…then came the fun part = makeup. I’ve recently gotten back into watching beauty gurus on YouTube and trying to find natural looking options that would be easy for everyday looks. A handful of my recent purchases are coming with me, and yes…I purchased everything in these photos.
Here’s a closer list of what everything is, where to find it, and what I like about it:
*some links are affiliate links.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – I just started using this mascara last week and am IN LOVE! I’m very picky about my mascara because I don’t tolerate any under eye smudging throughout the day. Haven’t had any problems with this and it gives a TON of length and volume too.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – I’ve been using this stuff for years! I own every shade (this is a matte shade but they have shimmery colors too). I’ve found Primer Potion works better than any other brand I’ve purchased so I keep coming back for more. This is a sample size so it’s perfect for travel.
- Urban Decay Naked2 Basics – I love simple natural colors and that’s what this palette is all about. The colors are nicely pigmented and blend well for a very clean and simple look, even though you can go darker and make it a bit more dramatic.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – Another new find! This stuff has been great for covering up my zombie under eyes due to lack of sleep (thanks to Millie) and I use it if I happen to have a pesky blemish pop up that needs to be hidden.
- Too Faced Stardust – This is my newest palette purchase since it was just released the other week (photo of colors below). Colors seem to go on evenly and blend well…but the true test will be trying it out during our trip. It also came with some other goodies, like travel size eye shadow primer and mascara.
- EOS Lip Balm – Love this lip balm…when I first tried out EOS, I thought the ball shape was going to be annoying, but surprisingly I love it.
- Benefit Cosmetics It’s Potent Eye Cream – works wonders for my dark under eyes! I originally got this sample with a purchase at Sephora (a little lasts a very long time) and recently bought a full size tub of it!
- Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil Light – I wish I knew this stuff existed sooner! I’ve been plagued with dry and flaky skin around my nose and some patches on my cheeks and forehead (total pain in the butt since when you put on concealer or foundation it makes the flakes stand out even more…ugh!). No matter what I did, I couldn’t get rid of them. Used this stuff…and the dry skin was gone a few days later…and I’m still patch free! Now it is pretty expensive but a little goes a long way and it lasts forever!
- Rimmel London ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Liner – Budget friendly liner for my bottom waterline (I use the color nude)…helps make me look more awake. Their other colors have also been pretty reliable too.
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner – these liners are my favorites and have been for the past few years. They go on super smooth and LAST all day.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray – hands down best makeup setting spray.
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream – Another newer find. A little goes a long way and doesn’t feel thick. I was able to purchase it as a set from QVC where the brush was included for free.
- e.l.f. Makeup Remover Pen – Does exactly what is says it does! If I mess up my liner, it’s super easy to swipe the pen and make the oops disappear.
- e.l.f. Matte Lip Color – As with all e.l.f. products, the price point is great and I love the colors!
- e.l.f. Glossy Gloss – Great little gloss for the price and not too sticky.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz – My poor little eyebrows have always been super blonde, especially at the ends so it looks like I have almost no eyebrows at all. I’ve been scared to fill in my brows for the longest time because I didn’t want them to look drawn on…but Brow Wiz goes on easily and the brush helps me to feather it out so it looks super natural! There are also a variety of colors to help get the perfect match!
Here is a slightly closer look at my two newest palettes (there will be a review coming soon of the Stardust palette after our trip so that I can determine if it’s worth the price):
And another look at my skincare items that I’m bringing. What I forgot to include in the photos is my cleanser and I’m currently loving Josie Maran’s Argan Oil Cleanser.
So that’s all folks!
It’s now almost 2am and I need to roll to bed!
Do you currently use any of these products? Love them? Hate them? Any suggestions?