I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #EatMoreBites
I will apparently take any holiday as an excuse to be creative in the kitchen, so Father’s Day is no exception! My husband isn’t too much of a cake fan (even though he loves brownies…I don’t get it) so I figured I would switch it up this time. How can you go wrong adding more chocolate and caramel to an already awesome classic dessert: the rice krispie treat?
Simple, you can’t!
Okay so rice krispie treats are a tad hard to photograph but I can’t tell you how yummy these are! Not to mention they are perfectly moist (nothing is worse than a rock hard rice krispie treat!) and the marshmallow/caramel middle pulls apart so easily!
These amazing rice krispie treats aren’t just your average rice krispie treats! The melted marshmallows are deliciously mixed with caramel and combined with little bite sized bits of TWIX!
Then they are topped off with a few more ribbons of caramel….yummmm!
Double Caramel TWIX Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups of marshmallows
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 6 cups of rice krispies
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 bags of TWIX Bites (one bag you will cut all of the bites in half and then 1 cup of the second bag, you’ll cut into fourths)
- Pour rice krispies into a large mixing bowl and set to the side.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set to the side.
- In a saucepan melt the butter on medium heat, once melted add in marshmallows and turn heat to low. Stir frequently until marshmallows are all melted (it will take a little longer but it’s better to do this on low heat so that the marshmallows don’t burn).
- Then, add in caramel sauce and vanilla extract, mixing them well into the marshmallow mixture.
- Once all is mixed, pure marshmallow mixture over rice krispies. Mix well, but be careful not to crush the rice krispies.
- Now, add in the bag of TWIX Bites that you’ve already cut into halves, stirring to evening distribute into the mixture.
- Now pour the rice krispie/TWIX mixture into your greased 9×13 dish. Use a silicon spatula or well greased spatula to evenly press down the rice krispies.
- Take the cup of TWIX Bites that you cut into quarters and spread them evenly over the top of the rice krispies.
- Optional – drizzle more caramel sauce on top.
So are you ready to try these bad boys out? Well, let me hook you up with a coupon here to save $3.00 Off any two (2) MARS Brand Bites, 6oz. or larger. Includes TWIX®, 3 MUSKETEERS®, MILKY WAY® Simply Caramel, MILKY WAY® & SNICKERS.