Subscription boxes….I love them! From scrapbooking, kids’ products, and beauty boxes, I’ve tried a bunch and I have to admit I love the monthly surprise of them. This month I was asked if I would like to try out the POPSUGAR Must Have Box and I figured why not?!
Greenmarket Purveying Co. – The Archivist Diffuser Kit
Wet Brush – The Squirt
Bliss – Micromagic Microdermabrasion Treatment
Samudra – Pink Piña Zip Pouch
Knock Knock – What to Pack Pad
Benefit – Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara and Porefessional
Halfpops – Halfpopped Popcorn
First Impression – I was super excited with the beauty items from Benefit and Bliss. With everything being so crazy at home, I haven’t had time to buy anything for myself to be pampered with so they were a nice surprise. The diffuser was also welcomed since I figured it would be perfect to set up in our bedroom. As for the other things, I wasn’t sold on yet…I wanted to try them out before coming to any conclusion.
- Diffuser: I really enjoy the scent of the diffuser. I’ve set it up on our dresser and the fresh scent is always a pleasant surprise when I walk into our bedroom. The bottle is also visually appealing and fits our design scheme.
- Wet Brush: I honestly thought this was going to be a cheap little brush…but I was BLOWN AWAY! This thing was amazing at getting knots out of my hair while it was wet. No pulling or discomfort! The bristles are actually flexible and I guess that helps? Anyway, I tried it on Mabel’s crazy hair and it was a miracle worker. I’ve actually already ordered two full size versions of these brushes, one for me and one for Mabel. 🙂
- Bliss: I’d never used any microdermabrasion solution like this so I didn’t really know what to expect. It has a pleasant minty scent and I used it with my Clarisonic and my face felt really smooth afterwards. It got rid of all of my dry skin flakes that I’ve been complaining about so I will be purchasing more once I finish this tube.
- Zip Pouch: This is the one item in the box that I’ll probably never use. I’ll give it to Mabel to use however she wants.
- What to Pack Pad: We honestly don’t travel much so I know I’ll never get through the entire pad but it will be pretty helpful for packing whenever we do. Plus, I think I can slightly modify it to help when packing for Mabel and Millie too.
- Benefit: I’ve been a fan of every Benefit product out there for a long time! I’ve already tried Porefessional before and love how it performs and I was really excited to try the mascara out. It was love at first try and I will for sure be buying more of it in a full size tube! 🙂
- Halfpops: These were pretty good…but hard on my teeth too. My teeth are sensitive so it wasn’t a great combo for me. Not sure I would buy these on my own.
Overall Thoughts – With the cost of this box starting at $39.95, it is a decent amount to pay…BUT when looking at the overall value of the box, the items came to over $120. The Bliss Micromagic Microdermabrasion Treatment alone is $48 and that’s more than the cost of the box which makes the box a pretty good deal. Will I sign up? = Yes. I let my Birchbox subscription run out last year so this will now become my monthly treat to myself.
Want to try it out? If you’re thinking about getting your hands on the next Must Have Box (April is sold out so it will start in May) make sure to get $5 off with PROMO CODE: MODERNMOMMY5 (expires 4/5/15). 🙂
Have you gotten a Must Have Box in the past? What did you think?
POPSUGAR provided me with a complimentary POPSUGAR Must Have box. The opinions I have shared about the box are my own and POPSUGAR did not tell me what to say or how to say it.