This photo was taken at 36 weeks and 1 day:
Yay for bathroom selfies…seriously, this poor baby will be remembered in utero solely in bathroom pics because I haven’t had time to take them anywhere else.
Anyway, today I’m 36 weeks and 3 days and am free to go into labor at our birth center anytime after 37 weeks (this Sunday)! I’ve already had some well intentioned friends remind me that 40 weeks is best. Yep…totally know that but if this little gal decides to come earlier than that, there’s nothing much more I can do. Lol, it’s not like I can cross my legs and tell her to hold on a few weeks. 😉 Mabel came at 38 weeks and 3 days all on her own…so I guess we’ll just wait and see when her sister feels like arriving! I’m not ready yet so I’ll be glad to wait a few more weeks.
For those of you wanting to know…
- I’m up a total of 34 pounds which I’m very happy with!
- Heartburn has gotten worse and I wasn’t sure that was possible but oh boy it is! This is giving me issues with me being dehydrated since I’m having trouble keeping any liquid down without popping a Tums prior to drinking. I remember my heartburn magically going away as soon as Mabel was delivered so I’m assuming that will be the case again (fingers crossed).
- I’m getting lovely cramping (light) on a daily basis…I sure hope that’s a sign that everything is getting prepared. 😉
- Swelling isn’t an issue…my rings stopped fitting weeks ago but they were pretty tight be begin with. And ankles are still ankles…no cankles yet.
- We have a name…but my husband wants to wait until delivery to share…so I’ll keep you all in suspense a tad longer. It’s vintage and old…we figured it goes very well with Mabel’s name. 🙂
- My hospital bag is still not packed (you thought I’d learn my lesson with Mabel. I was packing like a crazy person after my water broke).
- The nursery will not be done before Baby Girl #2 arrives.
- I don’t get dressed in anything other than yoga pants and lounge wear unless I leave the house, which at this point is pretty much for appointments. I’m pretty uncomfortable so I’m just thankful that my husband has willingly taken over duties like grocery shopping.
- I’m currently working on my birth plan…stay tuned for that!
I know I’ve already said it multiple times but I truly am thankful to everyone who has commented, shared their own story, or given support on this post. I didn’t expect the responses and it’s truly made me more impressed by all of you ladies!
3.5 days left until Sunday! 😉 37 weeks here I come!