This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItMerrier #CollectiveBias
Over the years, the way we celebrate the holidays in our home has changed…and I guess that’s pretty much due to the fact that the number of people living in our house has changed. 😉 When you have children…a lot seems to change, lol!
The holidays used to involve lots of parties and going out on the town with my husband…and now that we have two munchkins on the scene, I have to say that I really enjoy staying at home, cuddling on the couch while watching Christmas movies, and of course…baking!
It’s been wonderful this year since Mabel is finally at an age where she can actually help out when it comes to making treats. I’ve loved being able to include her in this tradition and I get a kick out of seeing her reaction when she sees the finished product of what she’s helped to create.
Now I do love making Christmas cookies, don’t get me wrong…but sometimes it’s nice to make a special holiday treat just for myself (I’ll share though, lol!). And because when I was out shopping this past weekend I found Starbucks’ Holiday Blend K-Cups at Walmart, I figured it would be nice to bake something that would pair well with it!
I decided on Double Chocolate Biscotti!
This recipe satisfies the sweet tooth all while not being overly sweet at the same time! Plus with a dash of cinnamon, it pairs deliciously well with a cup of Starbucks!
Double Chocolate Biscotti
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup white chocolate squared chopped
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, either with an electric mixer or stand mixer, cream softened butter and sugar.
- Slowly add in cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt. Once full mixed, add in one egg at a time. Then slowly add in flour. Finally add in chopped white chocolate and semi sweet chips by hand.
- Place dough in fridge to chill for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once dough is chilled, divide into two halves. Shape into two logs about 9 inches long by 4 inches wide onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Slightly flatten so they are even in height.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes and check with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer onto a wire rack for another 20 minutes (should be cool enough to handle by then).
- With a serrated knife, cut logs into 1 inch wide slices.
- Place back onto an ungreased cookie sheet cut side down and bake for 9 minutes at 325 degrees. Take out of the oven, flip slices onto the opposite cut side and bake again for an additional 5 - 9 minutes.
- Let slices cool completely on wire rack and then top with melted chocolate if desired.
I hope you enjoy the holiday season but just remember to take a moment to slow down and enjoy your surroundings, family, and food! Grab a box of Holiday Blend at your local grocery store in the coffee aisle, whip up a batch of Double Chocolate Biscotti and enjoy!
Get a $5 Starbucks Card e-gift when you purchase 3 or more qualifying Starbucks products.
Do you enjoy a glorious cup of Starbucks coffee? What flavor is your favorite?