Over the past month I’ve been dealing the damage caused to our house when our water heater burst. And I thought it was going to be a pain but seriously not bad enough for me to want to yank all of my hair out…I was wrong. I’m getting ready to go all Britney Spears nuts and shave my head, lol.
Our house was ‘fixed’ by two men hired as subcontractors from our general contractor (our home insurance has paid this company to return our home to its prior condition).
Pictures speak a thousand words:
Shocked yet? I’m pissed. Like really pissed. Note the last photo with the chunk of molding…Mabel was walking around with the piece in her mouth! My child could have chocked on this piece! The top picture is to show how it apparently was attached. The molding was cut wrong and there should never have been an inch piece placed where it was.
Many of you saw my FB post about workers texting while working…it gets better. Let me list for you all the things that were done in my house:
- texting constantly and then asking me to borrow my phone charger!!!!
- washing his face in my kitchen sink
- going through my fridge to put drinks in without asking me first
- leaving food/drink trash in my home
- leaving blood on my hand towels in my bathroom from his face (from picking it)
- asking me details about how I met my husband/how long we’ve been together
- walking in first thing in the morning without knocking
- washing tools and leaving caulk on my utensils in my kitchen sink
- asked to use my husband’s tools to do some of the work
I’m sure there are more things but I’m just mad after writing all of this. I’m not even sure if I should be more upset with the work or the behavior.
Since everything was completed late Friday evening I haven’t been in touch with our general contractor but believe me, he’s going to hear all about this and WILL fix everything. I’m not sure if they thought they could get away with this because I’m a woman, but I assure you…I’m pretty savvy when it comes to knowing how things should be fixed and making sure things are done right. I didn’t want to be hovering over their shoulders the entire time especially since I was taking care of Mabel but the point is, I shouldn’t have had to. This is just ridiculous.
Sorry for the rant but I just had to vent. I’ve just got my fingers crossed it will be done by November.
I’ll keep you all posted on this nightmare…
Have you ever had to deal with home repair nightmares?