A delicious lemon berry wine spritzer…yum! The perfect combination of Frontera Pinot Grigio, strawberries and lemon lime soda that adds some bubbles.
Okay, so we all know the Big Day (of course I mean football!) is right about the corner…unless you’ve been living under a rock. While everyone is caught up in planning appetizers, snacks and food…you can’t forget drinks for the adults. 😉 And guess what…beer isn’t the only choice!
Why not raise a glass of wine?
Now you’re talking about my kind of Game Day party. Lol!
Frontera makes a large variety of wines that are full of flavor and are sold at a great price point. So, everyone at your party can enjoy a glass of what they prefer. Who doesn’t want a glass of award winning wine?! Plus, you can get creative and make some fun wine cocktails! Frontera actually has some easy to make recipes HERE with simple ingredients too! We’ll get to my recipe a little bit later on!
In addition to enjoying a glass of wine while cheering for your team, Frontera is hosting the Frontera Game Day Photo Contest where you have a chance to win $1,000! You can visit www.Facebook.com/FronteraWine for more info and all of the rules.
Look at all of those bubbles!
So you’ve been waiting long enough…let’s get to the wine cocktail that my husband and I concocted in our kitchen this past weekend:
Lemon Berry Wine Spritzer
- 1.5 L bottle of Frontera Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup sugar
- Ripe strawberries
- Lemon lime soda
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Add 1 cup water, 1 cups sugar and a dozen fresh strawberries with their stems removed into a small pot.
- Bring to a boil, while occasionally stirring.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until strawberries and very soft. Gently mash strawberries in liquid with potato masher or fork. Stir for another 1-2 minutes.
- Take off heat and strain by pouring liquid through a sieve, and do no mash strawberries...just let liquid run through into another bowl.
- Add entire 1.5L of Frontera Pinot Grigio in a pitcher and then add all strawberry simple syrup that you made.
- Place in fridge until completely cooled.
- When ready to serve, pour into glasses 2/3 the way full and then top with lemon lime soda. Don't stir since you want the fizz!
- Garnish with strawberries and lemons and add a straw if you like.
Have fun on Game Day, eat some yummy foods and don’t forget to raise a glass of wine (or my Lemon Berry Wine Spritzer!). 🙂