Russian Tea Cakes…Mexican Wedding Cookies….Snowball Cookies…these little guys go by a lot of names, but they’re all the same cookie! A delicious shortbread type cookie, covered in powdered sugar that just melts in your mouth. Perfect for the holidays!
Just before the holiday season kicked into full swing, Hamilton Beach sent over the Stack & Snap 10 Cup Food Processor to help my holiday cooking/baking go a little more smoothly…and what was the first thing that I chose to use it for? The classic Russian Tea Cake recipe!
So you’re probably not going to believe me but this was the first time I’ve used a food processor…as in ever. And I have to admit that it was probably one of the easiest things to use…not to mention I’m kicking myself because of all of the years that I’ve made desserts that required chopping/crushing ingredients, I did it by hand…which took forever! The Stack & Snap chopped everything in about 10 seconds…talk about saving me time!
With these Russian Tea Cakes, I chose to use whole pecans…
And finely chopped them myself! 😉
Okay, but onto the cookies now…
Are you ready to make some of these mouth watering cookies for yourself?!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened butter
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup pecans (finely chopped in food processor)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- extra powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar and vanilla. Once mixed, add in flour, chopped pecans and salt. I found it was easier to mix the dough together with my hands. The dough will be on the drier side.
- Roll dough into one inch balls and place them evenly spaced (about 1 inch) on a non-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes (keep an eye on them, you want them to be set but not browned at all).
- Remove sheet and let cookies cool slightly on a wire rack. Once warm, roll them gently in powdered sugar and then allow to cool on wire rack.
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar one more time and then serve.
Hamilton Beach has been kind enough to give one of my readers a brand new Stack & Snap 10 Cup Food Processor to help make your cooking and baking easier in the new year…so get your entries in!
You must be 18+ and reside in the United States or D.C. Hamilton Beach also cannot ship to P.O boxes at this time.
Hamilton Beach provided my new food processor for this post but as always, my thoughts and opinions are entirely my own!