I had the fun of creating this recipe for #Outshine as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars by Crowdtap.
I was recently given the challenge to create a recipe with the use of Outshine Frozen Fruit Bars…and I’m never one to turn down a challenge! And of course we love Outshine Bars in this house so I was pretty excited! Because I’ve been working on making better and healthier choices when it comes to cooking and baking, I decided I was going to concoct a delicious snack that was light and guilt-free!
Angel food cake is known for being naturally fat free so I thought that would be a tasty combination with Outshine strawberry bars which are also fat free! But how could I combine the two…?
Well…after a very long day trying different combinations in the kitchen; an easy to make recipe was born! And it turned out to be something that the whole family would love too!
Strawberry Angel Food Cupcakes
- 1 box of angel food cake
- 2 Strawberry Outshine Bars
- Optional – red food coloring
- Fat free whipped cream (I used the stuff in the can) 😉
- Fresh strawberries for tops of cupcakes
- Foil baking cups (muffin liners)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt two strawberry Outshine Bars in the microwave. I melted mine in a glass container for about 25-30 seconds. It wasn’t hot and there were still some frozen bits but that’s okay. Set aside.
- Mix angel food cake mix according to box.
- Now that the mix is fluffy from the use of an electric mixer (as directed on the box), add in the melted Outshine Bars (and optional red food coloring if you’d like…3 drops gave me a nice light pink color) and continue with mixer until it’s evenly worked into the angel food cake batter.
- Line a muffin tin with foil baking cups (I found that foil baking cups worked better than regular paper cupcake liners) and fill 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Bake for 12 1/2 minutes.
- Take cupcakes out of the tin right away and set them on a baking rack to cool. Let cool completely!
- When you’re ready to eat, top with low fat whipped cream and half of a fresh strawberry.
Angel food cake is hard to photograph so I hope you don’t hold it against this recipe. 🙂 My husband ended up loving these and ate three in a row…and Mabel loved them too!
Do you think you’ll try these out? I’d love to hear what you think after you make them!
This post was sponsored by Outshine Fruit Bars but all opinions and delicious recipe are 100% my own!