So if you read my post on Friday, you knew that I was about to embark on a 3 day juice cleanse.
It sounded fairly easy, I had even debated starting off with the 5-day cleanse…I had read all these blog reviews of women talking about how much they loved them, how good they felt afterwards, so on and so on. I figured I could do it no problem!
Boy was I in for a reality check!
Either those chicks were in much better shape than me (or lying) or I have no willpower….I’m guessing they were in much better shape than me, lol!
Okay so here’s the run down:
I bought my juices on Amazon from Suja Juice since if you get them on Amazon shipping is free (you can order them directly from their site but that’s an extra $50…ouch!). My juices arrived Friday and I was going to start on Saturday. I was pretty excited.
Day 1 – Saturday
- 8 am – woke up and drank ‘Glow’…tasted pretty good.
- 10am – I drank ‘Fuel’…still feeling good and the drink tasted fine too.
- 11am – I had the onset of a headache. I read this could happen so it was expected.
- Noon – Had ‘Purify’ for lunch. This one was the first drink that I wasn’t too keen on, I’m pretty sure it was the beets in that juice that I didn’t care for. My headache was still there.
- Did I mention I was peeing every 20 minutes??
- 2pm – Started drinking ‘Fiji’…this was the first drink that I didn’t like. I was pretty much forcing myself to drink this one…but it wasn’t undrinkable.
- 3pm – I realized I was thinking about actual food constantly at this point. I tried to take a nap to take my mind off of it but having to get up to pee constantly was ruining that. Nap = fail. Headache = still there.
- 4pm – My stomach was hurting and my headache was now raging. I had so much to get down around the house that this was depressing me since my head hurt so badly I couldn’t even get off the couch. I wasn’t a happy camper and I was thinking maybe this wasn’t the best time to have started my cleanse.
- 5pm – I caved and I ate a little bit of a salad and drank ‘Green Supreme’. My headache went away for about 20 minutes and then came back even worse.
- 7 pm – My husband, the enabler, offered to get me some grilled tilapia and I caved once again. I was desperate for something to stop my head from hurting plus I was zapped of all my energy.
- 8pm – I was pretty nauseous and the odd thing was that I felt like I was coming down with the flu. I had chills and just felt sick. I didn’t even drink the last drink since I thought I would just throw it up. I was able to keep the tilapia down though.
- 9pm – I was still very miserable and losing all faith in my cleanse. I must be weak…or maybe I just like food too much…
- 10:00pm – I called it a night and went to bed. I just wanted my headache to stop!
Yep, I couldn’t even make it one whole day. My notions of a blissful cleanse went flying out the door after a day of feeling like I had been hit by a truck. I’ve read on some sites that what I experienced can be symptoms of your body ‘purging toxins’…so if that’s the case, my body must be trashed. But shoot, I have no plans of doing that to myself again until I’m at least eating better in the first place because that was no joke. If you’re still considering doing a cleanse, I would do it on a 3 day period where you had nothing to do but sit on your couch (I had no energy!)!
So if you’re wondering about Sunday, I woke up feeling fine and decided to only drink 3 juices that day (I finally got around to drinking ‘Vanilla Cloud’ and it was delicious…my favorite Suja drink!). I still have juices left over but the good thing about Suja is that their juices are good for a few weeks after you get them. I figure I can make healthier choices when it comes to eating and add several juices into my day…but no way am I trying a cleanse again!
Have you done a juice cleanse? How did you make it through it?