Millie is one month old.
This past month has passed at high speed…and I knew it would.
Being that Millie is our last baby, I’ve been trying to soak in every.single.second of her being so little (in between my bouts of sleepless zombie-mom syndrome, lol).
So what has happened over the past month with Millie? Here’s the rundown:
- Millie was born on February 7th in the water (birth story is coming soon!).
- She was pretty jaundiced right after birth and had to spend a few nights on a Bilibed.
- She’s been breastfed exclusively. Whoever said breastfeeding is easy (or natural for that matter) is straight up lying because it was a huge challenge once again. Well…at least for me it wasn’t easy and without Google I’m not sure I would have been successful this time around either. But at least both Millie and I have figured it out after 30 days.
- Millie currently has Thrush (hence the purple mouth in the photo above due the gentian violet). But I’m happy to say that I think we’ve beaten it! Fingers crossed that it stays away for the rest of our breastfeeding days!
- I’m not exactly sure of her weight but I’m going to guess that she’s close to 10 pounds (my little Chunkers!).
- She’s wearing 3 month clothes but will probably be in 6 month footie pjs soon since her legs are so long.
- For the past week she loves to be awake and cry from around 8pm to 3am. Fun for her, painful for me and my husband.
- She loves getting her hair washed and getting warm baths.
- She won’t take a pacifier.
- And she likes being worn around the house in a ring sling.
Pretty simple and straightforward for a newborn.
As for me:
- I’m doing much better this time around. No ups/downs with the baby blues or postpartum depression (here is the whole story if you are a new reader).
- I gained 35 pounds during the pregnancy, have lost 21 so far which means 14 to go. My pre-pregnancy clothes don’t fit and my maternity tops look silly…so I’ve been living in yoga pants and nursing tanks. You do what you gotta do!
- I’m somehow existing off of around 4 hours of sleep a night.
Moving on towards the second month…
2 thoughts on “Millie’s First Month”
So glad to hear all is going well! I had my baby boy on March 2 and am struggling with breastfeeding. It’s not easy at all and literally consumes your life. How your doing it with a toddler too is beyond me!
Colleen, congrats on your little boy! It’s still been a struggle this time around…and I’m just thankful Mabel has been somewhat understanding when I’m trying to nurse Millie during the day. Has it been getting easier since you commented?