The holidays are finally here and you know what that means…cold weather (my favorite!), lots of time to spend with family and baking tons of good food! I probably spend too much time in the kitchen but I can’t help it! I love to bake and seeing the looks on the faces of family and friends when they try some of my favorite recipes.
I’m a believer that chocolate and coffee can solve almost any problem. So with that being said, I got to work on creating a poke cake recipe that combined both of my loves! I figured with my excitement over the seasonal Coffee-mate flavors (coffee isn’t complete without creamer!) that I would try to get creative with the Peppermint Mocha creamer…and that’s how my Peppermint Mocha Poke Cake was born.
Peppermint Mocha Poke Cake
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of Coffee-mate Peppermint Mocha liquid creamer
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large (5.9oz) box of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 small (3.9oz) box of instant chocolate pudding
- 5 cups of milk (for the pudding)
- crushed up mint cookies
- peppermint baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, Coffee-mate Peppermint Mocha creamer, and water together.
- Pour batter into a greased, 9×13 backing dish and put into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once cake is done, pull out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take a wooden spoon with a rounded handle and poke a bunch of holes throughout the cake (this is why it’s called a poke cake…see an example of how to make the holes in my Banana Cream Pudding Cake recipe).
- Mix all of the chocolate pudding with the 5 cups of milk and before it sets, slowly pour on top of the cake.
- Put the cake in the fridge for at least an hour to let the pudding fully set (I like to leave it in the fridge overnight since I think it fully allows the pudding to soak into the cake).
- Top with crushed up mint cookies and peppermint baking chips.
And I might add a piece of this cake is wonderful with a cup of coffee (you might have already figured out I’m a huge coffee addict by now!). Just a heads up too…Coffee-mate’s seasonal flavors are only available through the end of December!
I hope that you enjoy the the recipe and that you might even be able to include it with some of your holiday meals and get-togethers this season. 😉
I was selected for this opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, however all content and opinions expressed here are my own.