The weather may still be in the upper 90s here…but you know what? It’s close enough to fall for me and that means only one thing…
And by pumpkin, I mean pumpkin everything. From coffee, to candles, to recipes…pumpkin is great in any form!
So today I have a delicious Pumpkin Scone recipe that’s wonderfully moist and topped with a Nutella drizzle!
Seriously…look at that flaky goodness of pumpkin topped with warm ribbons on Nutella!
How much better can it get?!
Now of course you can opt for them plain…exactly how they come out of the oven…
But come on…you know everything is better with Nutella (or substitute it out for some warm melted chocolate!).
Everyone in my family is loving them (we still have about 7 left!) and I’ll admit I’ve enjoyed them for breakfast, as a snack, and then dessert. 😉 And since Mabel likes them too…I’ll be sure to make these again!
So are you ready to whip up a batch?
They’re super easy!
Here ya go:
Pumpkin Scones with a Nutella Drizzle
- 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter cut into pats
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon, baking soda and salt together. Then with a pastry cutter, cut butter pats into batter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, pumpkin and milk together.
- Now combine wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until moist, don't overwork.
- On a floured surface, take dough and knead 10-15 times.
- Then divide the dough into two equal halves. With a roller, roll each half into a circle that is roughly an inch thick (my circles were about 8-10 inches in diameter). Then cut into eighths (just like you would cut a pizza) with either a pizza cutter or pastry scraper.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet or on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat (this is what I did).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and immediately place on cooling racks.
- Once cool, drizzle melted chocolate or warm Nutella on the tops and enjoy!
Adapted from Taste of Home
4 thoughts on “Pumpkin Scones with a Nutella Drizzle”
Pingback: 10 Simple Pumpkin Dessert Recipes - Scrappy Geek
Pingback: 32 Sweet Pumpkin Recipes - Pink Heels Pink Truck
Pingback: 50 must try Pumpkin Recipes this Fall - Mommy Snippets