This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of TruMoo Chocolate Milk. All opinions are 100% mine.
With the holidays in full swing at our house, we are all about soaking in all the moments and enjoying the little things in life. Our kiddos are only little once, so why not do everything you possibly can to make those moments special ones?
We love baking in our house and it’s probably my favorite thing to do during the holidays. The best part is, Mabel is finally old enough to partake in this little tradition of mine. She mainly likes to participate by eating what I bake…but she’ll help out on occasion, lol!
One thing she’s come to love over the colder months = Chocolate TruMoo warmed up and topped with some marshmallows! She’s a big TruMoo fan to begin with but after recently seeing a suggestion to ‘Try It Hot’, it dawned on me that it was a great idea! I already had it in the fridge and it’s got a perfect balance of chocolate flavor = perfect solution to a warm holiday drink for Mabel!
This past weekend we decided to try something new! I had been seeing lots of variations of krispie Christmas tree treats on Pinterest…and I gave it a go!
Basically, I whipped up a batch of standard krispie treats, added a little bit of green food coloring, and shaped them into cones.
Popped them into the fridge to cool so that they would be stable enough for decorating…
Added some icing and candies…
Finally, I paired them with a delicious hot cup of Chocolate TruMoo with some marshmallows!
And you have yourself a delicious holiday treat for yourself and your little ones!
Here is exactly how I made them:
Christmas Tree Treats
- 4 tablespoons of butter 1/2 stick
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of krispie rice cereal
- green food coloring
- mini peanut butter cups
- mini chocolate candies
- tube of premade white icing
- In a large saucepan, melt butter on medium/low heat (be careful not to burn it!).
- Then add in marshmallows and wait for them to completely melt.
- Add in food coloring until desired green color is reached.
- Pour in krispie rice cereal and stir gently until evenly coated in marshmallow mixture.
- Remove from heat and let set for 3-5 minutes.
- Coat hands in cooking spray or butter (this is so that the marshmallow krispie mixture won't stick to them), take a handful of the krispies and shape into a cone. Mine turned out to be 4-5 inches tall and it made about 10 of them. Lay onto a lined cookie sheet and pop into the fridge after you've shaped all the cones.
- Once in the fridge for about 10 -20 minutes, take them out and they should be completely cold. Then you can decorate! I took a tube of icing and piped it into a swirl on each cone, added mini chocolate candies (I gently stuck them into the tree/icing completely on their own), and then sprinkled a few edible star decorations on the trees.
- Finally, carefully place your tree on top of a peanut butter cup and your edible Christmas trees are done!
- Then pour a glass of Chocolate TruMoo, heat it up and enjoy with your Krispie Treat Christmas Tree!
*Adapted from YoYoMax12's YouTube video 🙂
What’s your favorite indoor holiday activity with your little ones?
And seriously consider trying you TruMoo hot! 😉