This super moist cake tastes exactly like a glazed donut! A warm buttery glaze tops this deliciously soft and addictive cake!
White Wine Cake
**Today’s post is another recipe from my short lived food blog, The Hangry Baker**
Butter, sugar, and white wine – what a wonderful combination! 😉
This is probably the most moist cake I’ve ever made…and it doesn’t get much simpler to make either. Total win in my book!
I have to thank my husband since he was the one that originally suggested that I make it. I would have never thought the result would be so tasty.
Seriously…just like a giant donut! YUM!
White Wine Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix regular size
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 3.4 ounce box vanilla pudding instant mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the cake ingredients listed above.
- Pour ingredients into a greased 10 inch bundt pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- When cake comes out of the oven, leave in pan and begin making the glaze.
- Make the glaze by heating up butter, white sugar and wine on the stove. Stir until sugar has dissolved and everything is mixed.
- Pour glaze onto cake and allow to cool all while still in the bundt pan. (I saved a little of the glaze to reheat/pour over the top of the cake once cool...totally optional and you don't have to do that.)
- Once cool, invert onto dish or cake plate and enjoy!
Adapted from Madaket Market